Family Law Attorneys

When it comes to divorce, child custody and other family law disputes, having an experienced advocate on your side can really make a difference. The attorneys at Copple, Rockey, Schlecht, Mason & Werth P.C., L.L.O., will help you work through these legal issues competently and cooperatively. Divorce and family matters are inherently emotional. Rely on us to advance your claim clearly and calmly, so that you do not have to take on your emotional health and the resolution of your claim at the same time – we handle the legal aspects for you.

Our Attorneys Help with Your Family’s Legal Issues

The family law attorneys at Copple, Rockey, Schlecht, Mason & Werth P.C., L.L.O. have more than a century of combined experience. We guide our clients through life-changing familial events, including those involving:

  • Divorce
  • Legal separation
  • Spousal maintenance
  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Parenting plans and visitation
  • Property division
  • Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO)
  • Grandparents’ rights

Our years of experience and compassionate approach to resolving sensitive legal claims means you can rely on us every step of the way. We maintain open communication with our clients, returning your calls and messages so you know what is happening next. The attorneys at our law offices work diligently and competently, securing the best possible outcome on your behalf.

Divorce in Nebraska

Whether amicable or acrimonious, divorce is stressful. In addition to the emotional burdens involved, you may also be dealing with children, property and assets. It can be one of the most consequential events of your life.

While technically you are allowed to pursue a divorce in Nebraska without the representation of a lawyer, having one at your side is a major benefit:

  • Serves as your sole advocate
  • Acts as an experienced and skilled negotiator
  • Ensures all court procedures are followed correctly and promptly
  • Ensures all legal documents are completed and filed correctly
  • Informs you of your rights and responsibilities
  • Represents you in court

Our attorneys look out for you. Even if your former spouse is willing to work cooperatively to dissolve the marriage, you should make sure your interests are protected and that you are getting a fair deal, which is where your attorney steps in.

At Copple, Rockey, Schlecht, Mason & Werth P.C., L.L.O. we guide clients through all aspects of a dissolution of marriage, including:

  • Uncontested and contested divorce
  • Spousal maintenance
  • Division of property and assets

We can help you declare grounds for dissolution of marriage and determine what you need and deserve as you consider dividing up your assets, debts, property and other things with your ex-spouse. We help clients determine fair spousal support, which may be decided based on factors like the length of the marriage, each party’s earning capacity, and the contributions of each party to the marriage. Hiring our attorneys means someone knowledgeable and skilled in divorce proceedings is looking out for you. If you try to go it alone, the court cannot provide advice or legal guidance. An attorney can make sure your affairs are in order, minimizing any negative lasting impact the divorce could have on your finances, home ownership, or other aspects of your life.

Equitable Distribution of Property: One of the most difficult aspects of a divorce case is the equitable distribution of marital assets. Our team has relationships with accountants, business valuation experts, and real estate experts that help us to determine the value of assets. We will also help to determine what constitutes marital property and what is actually considered separate property.

Resolving Issues related to Child Support and Custody

Stress and emotion in a divorce can be more intense when children are involved. Our attorneys know how trying it is, and when you hire us to represent you, we work to resolve child custody and support issues amicably, rationally, and free from emotion.

You and your ex-spouse must agree to a parenting plan, which covers:

  • Physical custody
  • Legal custody
  • Parenting time

Legal and physical custody may be awarded to both of you or to one of you.

A parenting plan is required by the state of Nebraska any time there are court proceedings involving custody, visitation, parenting time, etc. Our attorneys represent you during the development of this plan. We can help you work out the details so that you can be sure you are doing what is best for your child in the wake of marriage dissolution.

Let Our Attorneys Help You

Whether you or a family member has been injured or are in need of personal injury or business law assistance. Contact Copple, Rockey, Schlecht, Mason & Werth P.C., L.L.O. We will combine our experience, persistence, and meticulous research to ensure that you receive superior service. Our firm will hit the ground running for you and your family so you can get help as soon as possible. Don’t hesitate to contact us today.