Government Relations

Federal, state, county, and city governments wield significant power. Many of the decisions they make have a substantial impact on the strategic directions of businesses as well as the ability of real estate owners to develop their property. The attorneys at Copple, Rockey, Schlecht, Mason & Werth P.C., L.L.O. have considerable experience advising and representing clients in government relations matters. Our lawyers can provide qualified guidance on a variety of policy matters and how they impact our clients’ interests.

Serving the Needs of Businesses and Individuals

Our attorneys have experience representing businesses and individuals seeking modifications and variances to public policies that enable them to pursue business, economic, and property development interests.

We are prepared to represent clients at hearings before a variety of local, county, state and federal boards and commissions:

  • City councils throughout the state of Nebraska
  • City and County Planning Commissions
  • Nebraska Public Service Commission
  • County Boards of Equalization
  • Nebraska Tax Equalization and Review Commission
  • Federal Aviation Administration
  • Nebraska Department of Education
  • Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
  • Nebraska Public Employees Retirement System
  • Social Security Administration

Whether our clients need assistance obtaining permits and licenses, or negotiating with agency officials, we know how to effectively present their position. Our firm can also represent businesses and individuals at agency hearings and in litigation before state and federal courts, including the U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, the 8th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. In addition, we can assist in drafting agency rule changes and legislative proposals that serve our clients’ interests.

The experience our firm brings to government relations allows us to serve as effective advocates for our clients’ positions. Our attorneys use the latest technology to research decisions on comparable issues in Nebraska and jurisdictions across the country.

To discuss your options in matters involving the government, please call 402-371-4300 or contact Copple, Rockey, Schlecht, Mason & Werth P.C., L.L.O. through our online form. Our attorneys are based in Omaha and Norfolk, and we serve clients in Lincoln, Nebraska and surrounding communities.

Let Our Attorneys Help You

Whether you or a family member has been injured or are in need of personal injury or business law assistance. Contact Copple, Rockey, Schlecht, Mason & Werth P.C., L.L.O. We will combine our experience, persistence, and meticulous research to ensure that you receive superior service. Our firm will hit the ground running for you and your family so you can get help as soon as possible. Don’t hesitate to contact us today.